FIT Insights works in partnership Local District Officers, - starting with commercial, production, environmental officer with Membership Organizations (BMOs) (cooperatives, associations and companies) to build a network of end users of the information at low cost using the traditional and modern technologies.
Data is collected from multiple sources by trained staff and agencies, this is input into databases for both tabulation, verification and analysis before packaging for dissemination. To make the services sustainable and continuous the districts are considered as partners in the sourcing and use of the data for and on behalf of the organization their service in the district.
Number of the price type are collected across the value chain to have a whole list oversite of the market per value chain analyzed. See the figure below:-
Market Data Collection & Distribution Model
Dissemination and Access to the information
The analysis information , not raw data can be access using number of channels that continuously being developed and modified according to technology advancements.
• SMS Text/Voice, Message on the phone that is send out Monday for Weather, Wednesday for Price information and Friday for Market Tips- subject to sponsorship or subscription by the individual
• SMS Portal as a Services: Allows the Organization to have a channel for self-managed service to send out messages to its clients and increase loyalty and communication
• Monthly Market Insights report that is distributed on Tuesday to subscribed clients, with summary of the market behavior on a number of crops
• Website /Public Dashboard: That Data highlights giving overall picture of market, supply channels and the market transaction areas.
• Raw Data For Researchers: Buy blocks of raw data for studies; it is sold per crop in ranges of 5 to 10 years to aid your research and analysis
Target Users for the Service
Service is target mainly to the traders and farmers, service providers, inputs dealers, financial institutions, academia and government agencies. All these can subscribe as individuals’ users or via a aggregating organization such as cooperatives, associations, marketing groups, for which 10% of them will receive weather information and prices via the organization.
Profiling of Users:
In the use of the data , we expect each and every user to profile with some basic personal bio data and also enterprise specific data. This will enable service to be tailored to the subscriber. This is covered under the FIT Insights – Data Protection Policy.
Profiling of users can be self service , bulk entry via an administrator at the district or INFOTRADE offices. At the district we have enable and given the all the districts commercial officers , district Environment Officers and District Production Officers free access accounts. This will enable easy of service roll out and also enrollment of users per district.